Wednesday, July 06, 2011

The House of Ms B and Mr T





In the house of Beckett and Tristan on my first full day in Melbourne. Indoors almost the entire time, I made a quick burst to the shops in the AM for amenities (and yes I include baked beans to be among the essentials ). While it rained, I sat at a desk to the right of this record rack listening to Tristan's excellent record collection. The best setter of the morning mood was Jim O Rourke's Eureka. Then there was an earthquake I didn't feel. Carla and Jesse brought over baclava that was very sweet and redolent of their sweetness. I exquisitely grated parmesan over the exquisite kangaroo bolognese that Beckett made in my Norwegian sweater that has a hole in the armpit.

6 comments:

boy moritz said...

however fun it is to visualize, last sentence is a bit clunky

David Nichols said...

The last sentence said it all, actually it should be the title of something

BREN LUKE said...

I'm fairly sure it has been used already as a Tortoise song title. Certainly Post-Rock.

MG said...

Your hair is getting so incredibly crazy! I love it! Also, I miss you. Have a wonderful time in Australia.

boy moritz said...

Why thank you, french toast cupcake! I am getting it cut Thursday. Mostly I'm just really excited to be sitting in a barber chair for the first time in ages. Also I love and miss my Australian barber. An exciting week!

Anonymous said...

That's the best news! Lulu