Sunday, July 03, 2011

Going Places


Miffed I lost a bunch of shots. A good one I took at 4am from Flagstaff Amtrack on the morning of my departure, an electric seagull eclipsing the moon, deleted in my carelessnessness...

Anyways, caught a shuttle to Phoenix Sky Harbor with three other guys. Sat behind a nervous laugher who gave me a front-row seat to the coarse black hair inside both of his ears, sprouting outwardly in tight wads. He rustled snacks and thumbed a copy of a Bible he kept in a zip loc. Never did see what he ate, wasn't that (the bible). Another guy muttered "deer" every now and again. I turned and looked every time, but not once did I locate what I eventually decided was him hallucinating. And the third guy just seemed tired to be there.

In Toluca Lake, I ate a bowl of chili at Bob Hope's old haunt, but that photo is lost too. Once I got to Sydney I stabbed a fishcake with Bel at the Three Mangoes and made the waiter document it for posterity. But that photo is now gone forever also. Fran and Steve joined us for duck curry but the record of those photos will never be recovered, nor will the one of the Belster juggling money bags full of minced cabbage and skolling wine.















Me and Dr. Paxton's husband Dick registered Lawrentians in a room where a book worth $420,000 was kept. Lots of photos of me and Dr. Paxton's husband. Here's another, this from Friday's Gala dinner at the Menzies:

4 comments:

the woman who thought she had no children said...

Shane you have not signed out of this either!! Have you sorted out mobile phone yet? Hope the flight to Melb was not too turbulant.

Anonymous said...

There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good
She was very, very good
But when she was bad
She was horrid!

boy moritz said...

Mommy!

twwtshnc said...

Oh fiddledee anonymous.If that is being horrid you haven't watched Chef Ramsay. I have the patience of a saint not to mention an exceptionally soignee side part - one's pommade would never allow a stray curl.