Friday, August 03, 2007

Frances J Gibson Rocks So Well

She is the Greatest Diva. In Rock. Her Charisma. Is. Electrical.

The Cannanes first five songs last night encapsulated everything I’ve ever wanted from music ever since I heard Woolly Bully after school in second grade, only difference is I’m way more sophisticated these days. They rocked well and truly swell for half a set and then ended with a few numbers that were less fortunate to these ears.

And this, overheard between songs by headliner:
Guy with squinty eye in flak jacket and marvellous tie: “Apparently they made a mistake but I couldn’t hear it.”
Other Guy, feathered hair, Epson pin on his lapel: “Writing it.”

I’m reading Bret Easton Ellis’ Lunar Park, I started it last night after finishing Faulkner’s Sanctuary (“EWW” is all I can say about that one).

(NOW STOP READING IF YOU’RE SENSITIVE TO BESTIAL COERCION).

From page 23, whereby BEE has already reflected on his career book-by-book, its glamorous ascent to its grim (read: hilarious) descent into drugs and debauchery:

(PASSAGE DELETED DUE TO POTENTIAL OFFENSIVENESS)

No comments: