Monday, August 21, 2017

The Night I Saw You

https://youtu.be/r7dpAwOhQS4

You didn't look like you, so I wasn't sure it was you when I walked in at nine and heard you there. But it had the feel and the solos were flowing and the tones were dry, yet warm and suitably spiky that I couldn't imagine this being anyone else, but you know who has the conviction took more than a few numbers. Heard you you play a couple of licks. At one point you looked at your watch and said, it's time but then monkey business. What a tease I thought but you played it and I liked the riff behind the rapture to give the song a tension I didn't remember. You also played the stuff I heard, remember I showed up? The cool thing is you played it like I shook your hand at the end of the night like you had saved the world. The encore was pretty and you know you almost didn;t play it Richard.

No comments: