Friday, April 25, 2014

Took a raincheck on the spaghetti

Oh my gosh, my favorite professor says this, oh my gosh, william gaddis, the recognitions, oh my gosh, it's so good, he says, but seriously oh my gosh, this is me now, I am like totally fried, but what a life, huh? and such glorious weather and the secretary downstairs made me spaghetti to eat yesterday that I couldn't eat because I was a marathon of nerves running high, still I managed to inform her of this fact as I scooted out the door to present some information that I found worrisome (and why I couldn't eat) to transmit due to my lack of engagement with it, but I hoped the jokes that I had embedded in the document would mask the inherent insipidness and lack of findings. subject: spaghetti, can I save it for tomorrow?
S, can I have the spaghetti tomorrow. I am giving a presentation at two o' clock and I am really nervous about it and can't eat! I am so sorry. But tomorrow I will definitely be hungry. Many thanks, I can't wait to eat it!
S: Of course – it is in the refrigerator whenever you want it!! 
Stop stressing – that presentation is a slam dunk!
She was right too, I nailed it. Approximately 24 hours later she gives me a light bulb and I read baraka's Dutchman then dive face-first into her delicious spaghetti and i can't even breath. The meaty meat sauce is intoxicating and I do not care.

No comments: