Friday, September 16, 2011

Kathy Moffat inside a blown picture tube

This is about movies that move mountains and the people who climb them, so if you can't get with the "picture" like Robert Mitchum in Mexico getting on top of the case (i.e. Jane Greer) then I don't know what to tell you, bucko. S T E P O F F sez mistress bel and she aint wrong.



So I got to the top of a big volcanic rock the other day.



The view wasn't great, but it was good and I had a hard time getting to the top of it. When I was three quarters of the way up there I ate two tuna sandwiches and I photographed these total strangers re-enacting that scene from the Seventh Seal, whilst climbing Big Rock Candy Mountain otherwise known as Humphrey's Peak, the tallest thing in Arizona. Of course after I had done that, I had to finish climbing it in order to get their permission to put their photo on here. Pretty good people all things considered: Derek Kemingsway, Caleb Crawford, Tanya Most and Sid Chariffe. We're playing frisbee golf next week if Caleb lets me use his seven wood. The sandwiches by the way were necessary to eat, but would not have been my first choice. I would have preferred pulled pork.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Love it! LuLu

Annabel said...

Wow!

Annabel said...

Am a bit concerned by the silhouette carrying the scythe

boy moritz said...

He pretty much followed me down.