Thursday, February 17, 2011

Almond Roca Shoegaze

What can I say, I sat on a bar stool and caught my finger between the cushion and then I sat on my finger and didn't realize it until I started scooting in. I cursed loudly for I had the full weight of my tush on it and Johan whose looking a lot less like Udo Kier these days and more like George Michael circa Faith on account of the well-manicured beard and brown tinted shades he wears at night, was in the stool next to me, his hands up safe, told me to tell the barmaid to give you a free Ouzo shot, but I let it go and I won't hold it against. I'll be back. I like the local Greek grill, hazardous as it may be.

Reading Hemingway's My Old Man and thinking of my young Pappy during sentences evocative of childhood bliss like this one: “He'd ask me questions about things and some of the things I'd say he'd laugh.” The story has to do with corruption at the horse races. Led me to come up with a good lyric for a hard rock band: “they'd just as soon use the horse hooves and hide then keep the horses alive.” I resisted the decadence and abstained from eating Almond Roca last night. It was a Valentine's gift from my Valentine, my Mother. She also sent me some Vaseline intensive dry skin repair because she reads my blog. On Valentine's I listened to this excellent mash-up my good friend Steve from Wales sent me featuring My Bloody Valentine. Having not listened to this band in yonks really sends you into orbit.

Bought Peet's Columbian blend Coffee because that's what they drink in Chronic City. I went to bed at 8.30pm last night, so I could get up early and drink a bunch of it and I have had a large percolator full of it and it's now 10.21am and I'm not totally convinced by it and think I'll go back to bed.

No comments: