Saturday, January 29, 2011

I love the American low-life

Biking to the campus post office Monday I crashed into a skateboarder. I was listening to Gang of Four on my headphones real loud and didn't know what hit me. I yowled, ejected myself and rolled across the path. He didn't lose his feet and was there to pick me up (but not dust me off). The next morning before my first day of work I opened the fridge and saw a gnat circling my Caesar salad kit and tried to backhand it. Punnet of blueberries exploded across the linoleum. To be safe, I spent the rest of the week listening to Destroyer's new album. My only complaint is that at fifty minutes it's too short! Watched The Asphalt Jungle last night for probably the fifth time. I love the American low-life. His stomach hemorrhaging, Sterling Hayden, pulls his iv out and stumbles from the small town doctor's house and into the night. As the car peals out, the doctor says, “He won't get very far that's for sure. He hasn't got enough blood left in him to keep a chicken alive!”

No comments: