Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What it's like (formerly What I do)

A coyote crossed my path the other day. A big one with tall pointy ears and a mouth that dripped a lot of tongue. I braked and watched it run over the hill into deepest wilderness. As a relative of the wild dog, I never felt the fears that could get an ordinary mortal horribly ravaged. I like to ride the urban trail. Once I found myself inside a military compound where they take archery practice. My writing teacher had a knife thrown at her by the writer that I brought into class as an example of good writing. I practice yoga twice a week and I study hard at home. I watched part of Mad Max II on the tube tonight but otherwise I listen to music. Tonight it was The Chills, Ariel Pink, Ashtray Boy, Songs for Nao. Normally me and my housemate Udo (I say this because he's a dead ringer for the fab German actor Kier) listen to the Velvet Underground, Kath Bloom and the Grateful Dead. In my room, I play the Vivian Girls Everything goes wrong. The weather has been ill-conducive for reading, but I do it anyway. Tomorrow's forecast is more sunny weather.

5 comments:

Toby Dutton said...

You used to bop around at gigs, right down the front, delicately placing alternative feet on the same spot of sticky carpet holding balance with your flailing arms, sometimes holding two drinks at a time.
Now there's a gaping hole semi-circled with uncomfortable shuffling. You're missed. Any moshpit action?

boy moritz said...

This is the single most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me. I love you toby dutton.

boy moritz said...

To answer your question: no mosh pits. However I did shake my fanny to cyndie lauper last night.

Anonymous said...

We miss you Moritzy boy. When I read your blog.. it makes me feel like you're still in the next room...- Dusty

boy moritz said...

Aw so sweet Dusty. Miss you heaps.