Saturday, October 06, 2007

Extraordinary Wrap-Up

Rode bikes out to Old Scotch Church and admired the scenery along the way.



My sis got married at this church in 1984, the same year the Minutemen released Double Nickels on a Dime. There’s some beautiful fur trappers buried there.































“What are those?” she asked pointing to a large patch of stuff.

“I don’t know...I ain’t a damn farmer."

We stayed at Asian Salad Guy's after the wild Flipper concert. De Campo took this shot the next morning as we wandered toward Hawthorn Street in SE Portland for a slice of whatnot.

Asian Salad Guy


















Steppenwolf performed at the Oregon State Fair and they were total crap I don’t need to tell you anymore. Interesting sidenote: my cousin’s niece who has a twin gets drum lessons from Steppenwolf’s now drummer, a talented guy who knows his way around a cowbell.

Still at the fair, I befriended several goats and kept stepping in their filth. I still had manure on my shoe when we got our stuff together the next day and loaded our things into the truck and headed for the beach.





No fronting, the burgers at my parent's local are wicked. De Campi has a Helvetia hat she picked up the last time she was here that is frayed from constant use. She went to buy another one, but they didn’t have any, so she bought the shirt which they did have instead. It fits her real nice as you can see in this photo I just took.

Hey ask her what the best burger in the world tastes like and she’ll say it tastes like a Helvetia one does. My Dad used to carpool with a guy who had eaten two of their jumbo burgers in one sitting. Ugh. Ugh, you say? Uh-huh.








The front cover of the Muddy Spurs' posthumous outing.

The last handful are pictures I'm too tired to name, other than to say they were taken in Portland around MusicFest NW, and in Idaho. All photos in this entry were taken by De Campo unless otherwise noted.



















No comments: