Monday, October 16, 2006

Ballbreaker (or Kid Rock ain't got nothing on me)

Gazing into the mirror earlier I couldn’t help but notice how well my follicles were in order. Upon closer inspection however, I spotted a moist beige swathe, the consistency of mudmask, glazing my fringe. I sniffed the substance that was now present on my fingers. I was relieved to discover that the substance was odourless and according to my way of thinking eliminated the possibility of birdshit in my hair. Chances are it was the hummus that I had for lunch, but I still don’t know for sure, nor do I know how it got there, but I am yet to wash my hair or inform De Campo, so it’s of little concern to me now.

The Evelyn, normally a place of rancid comings and goings was strangely beautiful on Friday night. During the Ramps ripping set, I drifted off into a reverie of which there were many cinnamon rolls, golden chariots and bluebirds. I returned to the present right as Joe leaped off the stage like ‘The Superfly’ to take me out. Later I lost my balance on the dance floor and lay there writhing in a puddle of my own effluvium.

The after party back here was extraordinarily debauched. It was like Studio 54 all over again. Toby and Suze had just returned from the UK. They were straight hitched and we were missing them loads and feeling super hot and we celebrated like heck. They partook in the journey to the end of the night and so on and so forth. We played basketball at 9.30am. Then we got hot and consequently got thirsty. Armed with supplies back at the gaffe, the cork was popped in doors on accident. It was that kind of morning.

I played vinyl like it was no tomorrow and truly there wasn’t. Kirsty and Fiona paid us an awesomely fun visit and we swooned in the sun. Fiona I called at 10am urging her to come over and drink champers with us. She said she would love to, but she shouldn't - she's pregnant. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What news! Well it turns out it was Olivia's sister who happens to have the same name and who's number is listed right below the other Fiona on the same sheet next to the telephone.

Sobriety has been very rewarding ever since, even more so than Little Miss Sunshine, which we saw yesterday. It was OK.

1 comment:

David Nichols said...

Heeheeheehee! U R am8zing Q-T.


Sorry, I forgot I wasn't on myspace.